Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Political Rant. Proceed at your own risk.

I wish I could say that I was doing better.. but today I am feeling anxious and stressed, irritated and annoyed by a bunch of trying things in our country:

I'm annoyed and irritated that I was supposed to somehow be responsible for Wall Street with my 'in kind' donation to the tune of nearly $4,000 and yet I wouldn't get anything in return for this. OK I'll make you a deal - I'll put my share into the bailout if I don't have to pay my credit card bill. Let's just call it even, OK?

I'm annoyed and irritated that when the bailout didn't happen that the Repubs didn't agree to it because the Dem's Nancy Pelosi spoke to them sharply. Or something like that. What morons.

I'm irritated that both sides are now at each others' throats acting like 'he said, she said' 8 year olds rather than mature intelligent adults.

When I was growing up, they said "in America, anyone can grow up to be President" and apparently that's true... because certainly 'just anyone' is a VP pick. Yes, I'm annoyed and irritated at the stupidity of the pick of Governor Palin for VP. I see her and am reminded of the women who used to be at the checkout counter at the Piggly Wiggly in Mosinee. This does not fill me with confidence. Not that a woman can't handle the job (there are several women in politics that have the ability) but this woman specifically seems like she can kick back with a kegger and be a lot of fun at a party. But I don't know that I feel she's the best choice to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I woke up all annoyed and irritated and it didn't help to turn on my tv this morning and see the grinning gargoyle aka our President suggest that it would be better if he could just make this decision himself - if you don't believe me, Google the press conference and see for yourself.. he virtually suggested that he alone can make the right choice for the country while not acknowledging that his own party didn't follow him.. take SOME responsibility George!!

Honest to God, will someone impeach the man already?? (Of course that'd leave Cheney as President and there is nothing more terrifying than THAT!!)

I realize that I'm older and maybe I'm seeing things as they really have been all along, but the country feels different than the one I grew up in. I know there has always been differing of opinions.. that's what makes America great... but acting like school yard bullies towards each other?? A note to the people in Washington: GROW UP!!!

OK rant over. I feel at least a little better.

No comments: