Sunday, June 21, 2009

Gina Jumps for Joy!

What makes me jump for joy are so many things. All this – and so much more, large and small, and not necessarily in this order.

The people in my life who love me, who teach me, who accept me, and who correct me.

A beautiful, sweet, smart, kind and funny daughter who is happily finding her place in the world.

A handsome, patient, kind, loving husband who’s my very best friend.

Mom, and having my Dad for 91 years.

Three adorable kitties. Having good health.
Wonderful brothers and brothers-in law and sisters-in-law. A house. Cooking. Jazz. Work that I love. Great friends. Great food. Seeing the world. Art. Digital cameras. Sandalwood soap. New York City.

But perhaps the thing that makes me jump for joy the most is the leap my heart takes when something wonderful happens.

That feeling I got when my daughter came home early from school to surprise me for Mother’s Day.

When I saw the David in Florence. I’ll always remember turning the corner into the gallery at the Uffizi and seeing that magnificence.

When an unexpected gift arrives.
When the wine tastes perfect.
When there’s a deer in the backyard.
When someone I’ve been thinking about for years contacts me on Facebook.
When I’m on an airplane headed to a place I’ve dreamed of going.
When a stranger needs help and I can provide it.

I guess what I’m saying is that life makes me jump for joy. It’s a privilege to have been given the opportunity to have this wonderful journey. I will continue to try to honor it by living each day with gratitude and wonder, curiosity and kindness. -
Gina Bruce





(Throughout the summer, I'm posting tidbits of what makes andrewaltenburg.com friends and readers Jump for Joy. If you'd like to submit something, send it to me at andrewalt at aol.com. Include a picture and link back)

No comments: